Как защитить свою учетную запись с помощью 2FA/TOTP
Пока этот текст доступен только на английском языке.
- What is two factor authentication?
When logging in with two factor authentication enabled, one must provide not only the login and password, but also a one-time password (because it changes automatically over time). Think about online banking systems.
This constantly changing password is generated by an app that you install on your smartphone or tablet.
The technical term is Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Other websites use it as well.
This feature requires that you first install an app on your smartphone or tablet. This app is not related to Mailfence and can be used to connect to other websites as well.
- Android: Authy, Google Authenticator, FreeOTP, Toopher
- iOS: Authy, Google Authenticator, FreeOTP, Toopher
- Windows Phone: Authenticator
Google Authenticator: although it is a Google app, it is secure, because Google has no knowledge of your Mailfence password.
- Log in as usual
- Click on Settings in the toolbar.
- Go to Account and select Security.
- In the Two factor authentication, click on Set-up.
- Open the app on your device and scan the QR code. Mailfence appears in the app, along with a 6 digits code. This code changes on a regular basis.
- Please make sure to generate backup codes and store them in a secure place. In case you lose access to your TOTP app, you will be able to log in using one of these backup codes. Note: generating new backup codes will always invalidate the previous ones.
- To log in, enter the 6 digits code in Mailfence.
- How to use it
- Log in as usual with your login and password.
- An intermediary page appears and asks for the 6 digits code displayed in the TOTP app.
- If the code is correct, you are logged in.