- Android: Authy, Google Authenticator, FreeOTP
- iOS: Authy, Google Authenticator, FreeOTP
- Windows Phone: Authenticator
Google Authenticator: although it is a Google app, it is secure, because Google has no knowledge of your Mailfence password.
- Log in as usual
- Click on Settings in the toolbar.
- Go to Account and select Security.
- In the Two factor authentication, click on Set-up.
- Open the app on your device and scan the QR code. Mailfence appears in the app, along with a 6 digits code. This code changes on a regular basis.
- Please make sure to generate backup codes and store them in a secure place. In case you lose access to your TOTP app, you will be able to log in using one of these backup codes. Note: generating new backup codes will always invalidate the previous ones.
- To log in, enter the 6 digits code in Mailfence.
- Log in as usual with your username and password.
- An intermediary page appears and asks for the 6 digits code displayed in the TOTP app.
- If the code is correct, you are logged in.