- Two-factor authentication Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a technology that provides a stronger security/identification of users by means of the combination of two different components : something that the user knows (username and password) and something that the user possesses (a Time-based One-Time Password application for smartphone. See below).
- The Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) To use the two-factor authentication method, you will need a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) application on your smartphone. This app generates a code that changes after a certain period of time.
- Install a TOTP app on your mobile phone
- To activate the two-factor authentication
- Connect to your account.
- Go to Settings > Password.
- Click on "Set up the two-factor authentication".
- On your smartphone, open your TOTP app and flash the QR code provided on the screen.
- Enter the code provided by your app as requested.
- You are all set.
- To see it in action
- Quit the service (logout).
- You are pushed back to the login page. Enter your username and password and press "Enter", as usual.
- You will now be redirected to a new page asking you to enter the TOTP code.
- Open your TOTP app on your smartphone and select the code for the service. Enter the code. Press "Send".
- Your are now connected.